The Institute aims at educating students towards realizing the importance of the study of Civilizations/Archaeology (Art, architecture, and monuments of our past) and thus ultimately promoting tourism in Pakistan.
Future Goals and Objectives
- Expanding the Institute’s scope as per the original program to establish four disciplines on BS level beside Master and PhD programmes.
- Establishment of International standard A. H. Dani Memorial Museum of Asian Archaeology and Ethnology.
- Construction of TIAC building.
- Conducting archaeological excavations on pre-historic, Indus Civilization, Gandhara Civilizations and Islamic Period sites in Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Sindh, Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan. The aim is to collect cultural material for the proposed museum of the TIAC, QAU, in order to promote education about the cultural heritage of Pakistan and ultimately promoting tourism in Pakistan.
- Archaeological explorations in Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Sindh, Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan.
- Short Courses on Ancient Languages, Museum Studies, Ceramic analysis, archaeological photography, Conservation of cultural heritage, management of archaeological sites, Field archaeology and structural drawing of historical monuments.
- Establishment of Buddhist/ Gandhara Studies Cell in TIAC, QAU, in order to conduct research studies on the Buddhist/Gandhara Civilization, collection of materials such as books, journals and manuscripts, holding national and International seminars and documentations of Buddhist cultural heritage, establishment of digital library and conservation laboratory.
- Establishment of Indus Civilization Cell in TIAC, QAU, in order to conduct research studies on Indus Civilization, collection of materials such as books, journals and manuscripts, holding national and International seminars, documentations of Indus cultural heritage, establishment of digital library and conservation laboratory.
- Exchange of experts, training of students, visits of faculty and Student/scholars abroad.
- Expansion of TIAC library.
- Promoting inter-cultural dialogues.
- Writing a comprehensive cultural, political, economic, religious, and social history of the areas which constitute Pakistan.
- Publication of Books, Monographs and Reports on the region.
- Field Researches for planning and carrying out cultural mapping in Pakistan.
- Series of Monthly Seminars on Cultural and Religious History of Pakistan.
- Documenting religio-cultural and Socio-economic resources.
- Establishing links with relevant Institutes, Departments and Organizations across the world.
- Exhibition of Arts and Crafts of Pakistan.