TIAC envisions as exploring the ancient history of Pakistan by carrying out archaeological and ethnographical surveys, excavations and researches in different parts of the country. At a broader level, it aims at establishing the mutual educational contacts and creating reciprocal understanding and cooperation among the academics of the different parts of the world.Â
Similarly, TIAC envisages extensive scientific research and archaeological field work throughout Pakistan. Its academic programme focuses on enrolling students in Masters in Archaeology and M. Phil/Ph. D in Asian Studies. In this way the cultural history of Pakistan will be reconstructed. This pursuit will definitely contribute to policy making vis-Ã -vis culture and economy.Â
The Institute intends to recruit highly qualified faculty to provide quality education and research in archaeology and culture. The Instituteâ€™s mission is to contribute to the promotion of Cultural Tourism in Pakistan in particular and in the region in general.Â
- To produce historical knowledge.
- To promote archaeological and ethnographical research in Pakistan.
- To search out convergences and divergences in Pakistani culture in the framework of continuity and change.
- To preserve the cultural heritage of Pakistan by its reclamation.
- To lead the people, especially Asians, towards a new world of progress and development by pooling the intellectual resources of the scholars and academics related to Asia.
- A regular bi-annual journal under the title of Journal of Asian Civilizations is being published aiming at the promotion of research vis-Ã -vis Asian civilizations.
- To publish monographs and books.
- To acquire books for Dr. A.H. Dani Memorial Library through donations, exchange and purchase.
- To hold national and international seminars on different themes of Asian studies.
- Collaboration with UNESCO & other International Agencies as well as foreign universities.Â
- To hold exhibitions of cultural heritage of Pakistan as well as foreign countries.